SSE – Van Der Horst’s tradition and expertise have continued to enable its Marine Division to remain a major provider of reconditioning services to the maritime industry.
These expertise have also been extended to power generation in land based power plants where diesel engines are being used to generate electricity.
SSE – Van Der Horst by deploying the state-of-the-art hard chrome plating processes and surface finishing technologies has established a reputation for its outstanding capability in reconditioning cylinder liners, crankshafts and piston crowns.
Advancements in computer science found applications designing and managing plants, simplifying calculations and drawings that previously had to be done manually. The completion of the Human Genome Project is also seen as a major development.
Reconditioning of Components
- Piston Crowns and Skirts
- Crankshafts, Cross Head Pins
- Cylinder Covers and Liners
- Exhaust Valve Spindles and Seats
- Exhaust Valve Housing
- Hydraulic Cylinders
- Special Welding
- Hard Chrome Plating
- Precision machining
- Full dimensional inspection by
– magnetic particle inspection for crack detection
– alignment check, run out
– hardness testing
- Straightening of crankshaft
- Hard chrome plating of journal to original size
- Maximum length capacity = 8 metres
- Porous and hard chroming of liners for wear resistance
- Honing of cylinders up to 1,000mm in diameter
Repairing of cracks, damaged or broken blocks by special welding.process and line boring of all main bearing bore and re-boring of liner bores.